When you’re craving something decadent and delicious but don’t want the calories or the time in the kitchen, this baked chicken dish is for you. Light and bright, the marinade is simple with some of my favorite Indian spices and is made even more colorful with fresh peppers. Feel free to add in any other favorite veggies for a full on one pot wonder.
Skinny Baked Chicken Masala
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts, fat removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Garam Masala spice mixture
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced into 1/2
- garnish: fresh parsley or sliced scallions
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt, garam masala spice mixture, cumin, turmeric, garlic, and lemon juice. Stir ot combine. Add in the chicken and a large pinch of salt.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice onion and bell peppers.
- Place the chicken and marinade into a baking dish. sprinkle around the onions and peppers.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned on top.
- Garnish and serve hot with my favorite Spiced Coconut – Turmeric Sticky Rice.