When we go boxed (as in boxed desserts), we like to go Funfetti. It’s foolproof, makes everyone happy, and is totally Instagrammable. These mini cookie cups transform the Funfetti experience into an unbeatably soft, delicious bite of colorful goodness. Perfect for a bachelor party, bridal shower, baby shower, or just good old dessert after dinner.
- 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Filling Option 1: Marshmallow Fluff
- Filling Option 2: Cake Frosting, preferably white vanilla, dyed the color(s) of your choice
- all natural food dye, to create colors of your choice
- For Garnish/Decor: glittery sprinkles or your choice of sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease the mini muffin tin with cooking or spray (confirm how many tins).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. They should form into a thick dough.
- Using a medium-size ice cream scoop ice cream scoop, fill each tin. If you don’t have the ice cream scoop, make 1 ½-inch round balls, approximately the diameter of the muffin holes and about ¾ of the way up.
- Using your finger or the back of the scoop, press down on the center, about halfway.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take out and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. While cooling in tin, push down on center again, as some of them may have risen too much.
- Take out of the tins and place on a cookie cooling rack, cool completely.
- Using a pastry bag and tip, pipe into cookie cup with desired filling and then top with sprinkles and other sauces for garnish.
- Serve immediately or reserve covered in refrigerator.