Donuts make us all warm and fuzzy inside, and like we’re revisiting childhood. Lucky for our inner kid, donuts are having a moment right now, and there is no shame in serving them in any situation. Brunch, baby shower, or just #treatyourself Sunday, our Funfetti rosy glazed donuts will not disappoint, whether you’re a kid, an adult, or sort of both.
- 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 dot of red food coloring (about the size of an ant)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- To Garnish: sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease the donut pan(s) (click here to buy).
- In a medium-sized bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, water and egg whites for 3 minutes until light and airy.
- Fill donut pans ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they puff up and begin to brown slightly.
- Take out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Turn over and pop out. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a medium-sized bowl, sift in the confectioner’s sugar. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. This should form a thick, sauce-like consistency. If it is too thick, add in more milk. If it is too thin, add in more sifted sugar.
- Add in small dot of red food coloring. Mix around until it forms a pink color.
- Put a piece of parchment paper under the cooling rack. Dunk the top of each donut into the glaze. Top with sprinkles of your choice and place back on rack.
- Allow glaze to dry. Cover in an air tight container until ready to serve.