This is a variation of our cheesecake bite recipe, previously done with caramel. The base is easy to make and can be customized with so many different flavors. Citrus is one of our favorite flavors to add to cheesecake, and perfect for summer. These little puppies are light, airy, and oh-so-yum.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 5 graham cracker cookies for base + 2 more for crumbles on top
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-oz. package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese (6 oz.) at room temperature
- ½ cup fresh key lime juice or ¼ cup Rose's Lime Juice
- If using fresh key limes, add in zest from 2 key limes
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- store bought whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a mini cupcake or muffin pan with baking cups and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the graham cracker cookies and the melted butter in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. They should form a semi-firm crumb mixture.
- Add about ½ tablespoon of cookie mix to each of the cups, so it covers above ¼ of the cup. Bake in oven for 3 minutes, until they are semi-firm.
- In an electric mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until there’s a smooth texture, 2 minutes. Add in the ricotta cheese and the key lime juice and zest, blend for 3 minutes. Add in vanilla extract. Then, with the mixer on low, add in the whole eggs, one at a time (do not use the egg white at this time). Continue mixing for 2 minutes, until eggs are completely incorporated and the mixture is smooth and airy. Take off mixer.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until it forms stiff white peaks. Immediately, fold the egg whites gently into the cheesecake mixture by folding just a small amount first and then adding the remaining egg whites. Once it’s been folded in, stop. Do not over incorporate.
- Using a spoon or a tablespoon, gently add the cheesecake mixture into each cupcake cup, filling just under the top. Bake for 10 minutes, until the mixture is set, and does not move when you gently shake the pan.
- Once baked, allow to rest on stovetop for 5 minutes. Then put into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, top with whipped cream and graham cracker crumbles. Top with a slice of key lime for decoration or serve as is. The bites can be refrigerated without the toppings for up to 3 days.