Individual mini foods are the bread and butter of entertaining. Invest in these baby skillets. You will not regret it. They can be used for desserts, mains, and mini brunch dishes. These frittatas allow you to prep and make ahead of time, or serve hot. Add in your other favorite veggies and meats. We believe the more the merrier when it comes to add-ins.
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk (We prefer whole milk here but feel free to sub in low fat)
- 1 large bunch of Swiss chard, leaved taken off of the center stock
- 2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 large leek, light green and white parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced into half moon pieces
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp. salt + pepper
- Optional: bacon, ham, or any meat
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- These mini skillets are amazing. They are great for a brunch date, hot dessert, or date night in. It's worth the tiny investment to have them on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly coat the mini cast iron skillets with butter or cooking spray.
- In a small or medium saucepan, fill with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the Swiss chard leaves. Stir, allowing all of the leaves to get cooked evenly. Cook for 5-7 minutes until chard turns brighter green color. In the sink, drain into a colander and immediately run under cold water, stopping the cooking process. Squeeze out the chard and roughly chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Clean and cut up the leek and the red pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil or butter. Add in the leek and sauté on low heat, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t brown. Add in the red pepper, stir, and allow to cook for another 5 minutes. Optional: If you want to add meat, do it at this time.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and ricotta cheese. Add in the chopped Swiss chard. Once the leek mixture has cooled, add into the eggs and mix to combine thoroughly. Add the cheddar cheese. Pour into the mini cast iron skillets. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 until the egg has set (doesn’t jiggle around when you move it) and the cheese is nice and crisped on top.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. You can serve straight from the cast iron skillets or pop out of the skillet and serve on plates. .