One of the easiest, most delicious ways to cook white fish is quickly baked with citrus and simple ingredients most of us have in our fridge already. This easy to make dinner staple is pretty enough for a dinner party and a great go to mid week meal for the family. Lemon Sole is usually sold in large filets so its great for a one sheet pan dinner that can be made ahead of time for the kids and reheated for the rest of the family to eat later in the evening. Bing, Bang, Boom! Another 1-2 punch dinner to make your week a little easier and more tasty.
Final Tomatoes of the Season: Easy Baked Lemon Sole with Shallots and Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 large filet of sole (I like lemon sole), approx. 1 lb.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 large shallots, 1 mined and 1 thinly sliced
- 2 large lemons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- parsley and chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, lightly coat with olive oil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add in the olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt, 1 lemon, juiced, and 1 of the shallots, which is minced or finely diced.
- Place the sole onto the baking sheet and run your fingers up and down to check for any bones. Take out if you find any.
- Using a spoon, cover the sole with the butter and olive oil mixture evenly.
- Slice the remaining shallot and sprinkle around the fish.
- Sprinkle the cherry tomato pieces as well.
- Top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Do not over cook.
- At this point, you can serve hot, garnished with parsley and chives, or keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
Serve with extra lemon wedges, in tacos, or with some of my favorite side dishes.