Throw this dessert together before your pals arrive for movie night. Or bag up a bunch of it for gifts. Or just hoard it in your cupboard. We love the toasted coconut because it makes us feel like we are kind of eating a samoa cookie. Don’t forget to flake with salt because its the perfect balance to the sweet treat.
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, unsalted and unbuttered
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp.. sugar or agave
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- flakey salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On one of them, spread out the coconut flakes. Bake for 5 minutes, until toasted brown. Make sure they do not burn.
- Meanwhile, make your popcorn. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. Once melted, add in the sugar, stir. Cover and set aside so it stays melted. Using a new bowl over the same double broiler, melt the white chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. Coconut butter.
- On the second baking sheet, spread out the popcorn.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate on top. Then drizzle the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Set aside and allow to cool/harden for 15-20 minutes. You can also put into the refrigerator to speed up the process.