An unexpected love affair with coconut, pumpkin and honey make these one of my favorite twists for fall. Whether you’re looking for something special on Thanksgiving morning, a quick and easy snack on the go, or an afternoon baking activity, these muffins are full of fall flavors and made with way less sugar than most muffins and NO butter.
- Wet Ingredients: 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted if not in liquid form)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 of a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey + 1 Tbsp. for topping
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup AP flour (sub in GF AP flour to easily make GF)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Spices: 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1 tsp. all spice or pumpkin pie spice
- Half of a 15 oz. can of coconut milk (full fat or low fat)
- Additional for topping: honey and cinnamon sugar
- Special Equipment: Mini Muffin Pans or Regular Sized Muffin Pans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare the muffin pans: Using coconut oil or butter, coat the pan, and then put 1 tbsp of coconut flour inside and coat with flour to prevent loaf from sticking. Put aside
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of these wet ingredients: coconut oil, eggs, 1/2 of the 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree, 2 Tbsp. of full fat Greek yogurt, all of the sugars and 2 Tbsp. of honey.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1 cups AP flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, and 1 tsp. all spice or pumpkin pie spice.
- Working in small portions, slowly pour and stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once well combine, add in the 15 oz. can of coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans about half way up. Drizzle with an additional Tbsp. of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take muffins out of the pans and cool.
- Store in an airtight container.