This is my go to healthy weeknight fish recipe for both big and little bellies. The sweet and tangy Hoisin Glaze gives a kid friendly and adult loving flavor to a relatively simple and plain white fish. Try it with any of your favorite flakey fish and add on any other sides to round out this easy 1-2 punch meal. 1 meal for the family, served 2 ways for both simple and sophisticated eaters.
- 4 fillets of sole, approximately 2 lb's, deboned and without the skin (or a similar flakey white fish of your choice)
- Asian Hoisin Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chile paste (found in the Asian section of your grocer)
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey or agave
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- Garlic and Ginger Mix for Broccoli:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. diced ginger
- Serve with High Quality Organic Rice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the broccoli. Boil a medium sized pot of water over high heat. Cut broccoli florets off the large stem. Drop into boiling water and blanch for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, drain and run under cold water. Completely dry off the broccoli.
- Take part of the broccoli florets for the kids, approximate how much they would eat and put to the side to serve plain. Place the remaining dry, blanched broccoli onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil, 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. diced garlic, and 1 tsp. diced ginger. drizzle over broccoli and mix with a large spoon to cover all the pieces. Set aside until ready to eat.
- Place the cleaned, de-boned fish fillets on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Chile paste, honey and lime juice. Whisk together until a smooth, thick sauce forms.
- Using a large spoon, spoon about 1/2 Tbsp. of Hoisin Glaze mixture onto each fillet, making sure to cover evenly. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- When the children are ready to eat, bake their fish fillets for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with the cooked, plain broccoli, and a side of rice.
- When the adults are ready to eat, bake the broccoli on the oven lower rack for 15 minutes.
- Once the broccoli has been baking for 7 minutes, place the fish on the top rack and bake for 7-10 minutes until cooked through and sauce begins to thicken even more.
- Serve immediately with additional hoisin glaze sauce on the side and the roasted broccoli.