Apple pie in ice cream form, this creamy and rich homemade frozen confection is what American dreams are made of. (Chanting: USA! USA! USA!)
- Crème Anglaise:
- 6 egg yolks (reserve egg whites for breakfast tomorrow)
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- Caramelized Apple Crumble:
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- This is our go-to ice cream base mixture. You’ll see it in most of our ice cream recipes. It’s a lot easier than it may look, a couple of tries and you’ll be a pro, and have a lot more friends.
https://pharmacy.chsu.edu/pages/data-mining-thesis-for-m-tech/45/ viagra prescription drug australia how to write an effective research paper http://hyperbaricnurses.org/13843-what-if-your-dog-takes-viagra/ http://snowdropfoundation.org/papers/write-my-paper-for-me-website/12/ click https://lajudicialcollege.org/forall/dissertation-franais-argumentation-directe-et-indirecte/16/ follow https://www.dimensionsdance.org/pack/5621-cialis-injury-lawyer-columbus.html drunk driving essays go to site disobeying a direct order essay follow click here world literature assignment 1 help homework help holt mcdougal tutorial on essay writing examples of good essays in english viagra pfizer kup college essay help text argumentative essay source site https://dvas.org/cialis-brand-name-online-1263/ phd dissertations viagra overdose cartoon free essays on english literature order cialis from india https://pacificainexile.org/students/essay-about-immigration-in-united-states/10/ viagra contradictions popular cv ghostwriters service us watch order curriculum vitae Make the ice cream base:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the milk, cream, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until it has become a pale yellow color.
- Pour a small amount of the milk mixture into the bowl with the eggs, continuing to whisk as the mixtures combine. Then add a little bit more, continuing to whisk. Do this about 3 times and then pour the rest of the milk mixture into the bowl, whisking quickly to ensure the yolks are not cooked (this is called tempering – chef’s lingo!)
- Pour the egg and milk mixture back into the saucepan. Cook on low heat, slowly stirring with a wooden spoon the entire time, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. (This is done so the egg does not cook into solid pieces on the bottom of the pan.)
- After 7-8 minutes, as the mixture begins to thicken, take the spoon out and run your finger on the back of it. Does it leave a thick solid line through the mixture? If so, it means it’s cooked into a custard and you’re done! Voila, Crème Anglaise. (Be patient, sometimes it can take 10 minutes)
- Pour into a bowl and cool down completely in the refrigerator or over an ice bath.
Make the apple crumble: This is where we can have some fun with ice cream flavors.
- While the ice cream base is cooling, peel, core and de-seed the apples. Then chop into small ½-inch pieces.
- Heat a small sauté pan and melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Sauté over low heat, cover with a parchment paper lid (or loose fitting pan lid), and cook until softened and there is no liquid left, about 15 minutes.
- Take off heat and cool. Once cooled, put ¾ cup of apple mixture into the ice cream base (reserve the rest for mixing into the ice cream once it’s been churned). Using a hand mixer (or immersion blender is even better if you have one), mix until the apple has completely blended into the ice cream mixture. Taste and add salt.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and slowly pour the mixture in. Churn, based on machine instructions, until it is a thick yogurt type consistency, approximately 25 -30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a food processor, mix the strudel ingredients until it forms a crumble. Prepare a sheet tray with aluminum foil, and then pour the strudel mixture on top, forming a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes until browned. Cool thoroughly.
- Once ice cream base is finished, mix in the strudel. Then pour ½ the mixture into a container for freezing, add in ½ the apple mixture. Then add the rest of the ice cream and top with the remaining apple mixture. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or over night.
NOTE: You’ll need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Check out our favorite here.