Eat like you’re having tacos but with a lot less guilt… and in Thailand. Our Thai flavored chicken sautéed in a gingery, tangy peanut sauce is addictive. The platter is a pretty party in itself. Guests will be happy and full and asking for more.
Thai Ginger – Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced into small 1/2
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce (we prefer low sodium)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chile paste or Sriracha
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. agave
- Bibb Lettuce, washed and pulled apart for wraps
- Serve with:
- Hoisin Sauce
- chopped peanuts
- rice noodles
- thinly sliced carrots
- thinly sliced radishes
- sliced scallions
- More Sriracha
- Chop and prepare all ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, grated fresh ginger, chile paste, rice wine vinegar, agave, and peanut butter.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil. Add in the diced onions, stirring and allowing to become translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add in the peppers
- Add in the ground chicken.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, so the chicken begins to brown and break up easily. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce mixture, stirring to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Allow to simmer for 5 – 7 minutes, until liquid begins to absorb and caramelize.
- Take off the heat and prepare the toppings.
- Place chicken on platter with the lettuce wraps, hoisin sauce, and other toppings. Serve with rice noodles if you’d prefer to make this a heartier dish.