These little hand rolls are a great appetizer, make ahead lunch for the family or a game day snack. Make the filling the day before then stuff and bake the rolls right before you’re going to serve. It’s kind of like a fancy pizza pocket but healthier.
Pesto, Sweet Pepper, Chicken – Cheese Rolls
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, poached
- 1/2 cup Spring Pea and Three Cheese Cashew Pesto (Find our recipe in instructions)
- 1 heaping Tbsp. goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. canned sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Egg Wash: 1 egg + splash of water
- Preheat over to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a small pot with water. Place the chicken breast in the water and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium low heat for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through. Drain and let cool on cutting board.
- Meanwhile make our Spring Pea and Three Cheese Cashew Pesto.
- Mix together 1/2 cup pesto (reserve the rest for leftovers or serve with rolls), sweet peppers, and goat cheese. Chop cooled chicken into very small pieces. Add into the pesto mixture and combine. You can reserve this mixture for 2 days refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Spread the crescent rolls out onto the baking sheet. Scoop 1 heaping Tbsp. of the chicken mixture onto each rolls and spread across, so the entire top is covered. Fold into desired shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water. Brush the top of each roll.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Serve warm with extra pesto on the side.