This is our take on the takeout favorite sesame noodles. It’s awesome served warm, at room temperature or even cold making it the perfect picnic dish or an easy side for your next big party.
We’ve made this version with udon noodles, which are thick Asian wheat noodles that can be found in most grocery stories in the Asian food section. If you want to make this wheat free, try another kind of Asian rice noodle. It will be delicious either way!
- Boil water and cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and reserve.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except for the carrots, cucumber, and scallions.
- Once pasta is done, mix into sauce and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Right before you are going to serve the dish, top with the carrots, cucumber, and top with the scallions.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Tip: This can be made ahead and kept up to 3 days.