This crispy, sweet granola treat is an easy way to get the kids into the kitchen and cooking during the holidays, a genius hack to use up all of that leftover Matzo (because I know we all buy way too much), or an easy holiday dessert when topped on ice cream, yogurt, or caramelized fruits. Go ahead and make an extra batch because your guests will most likely ask to take some home.
- 2 cups matzo, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. organic, high quality maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil. Remove and add in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped matzo, rolled oats, nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar and the maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add in the oil and vanilla extract. Stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread the granola mixture out onto covered baking dish and bake for 12 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Take out and cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Serve on top of your favorite yogurt, ice cream, with fruit, or as is for a deliciously addictive snack.