These roasted small new potatoes are crispy, savory, and easy to stick in the oven right before guests arrive. And I mean, who doesn’t love a potato? #CROWDPLEASER
- 3 cups of small new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F.
2. Wash and cut the potatoes (skin on) in half.
3. Put into a sauce pot and cover with cold water.
4. On the stove top, bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down heat and simmer gently until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Drain and allow to air dry, about 5 minutes.
6. Place onto a sheet pan, covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper. Drizzle with the olive oil, herbs, and salt. Mix around to cover all pieces. Make sure the potatoes are in a single layer.
7. Using a potato smasher, smash each one until it slightly opens up.
8. Put into oven and bake 25 minutes until crispy and browned.
9. Take out and sprinkle with cheese. Put back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
10. Take out and put onto a platter. Cover with chives and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.