Don’t worry guys: this is not like the appletinis of your youth. This is a legit adult beverage, perhaps even more American than apple pie. Taking the time to cook the apple cider with cinnamon, vanilla, and sweet agave will give this drink a fragrant, wait-I-can’t-believe-I’m-not-eating-pie taste and experience. Your guests will be impressed. Find some Applejack Brandy online if you can’t get it in store, because it’s worth it, people.
- 3 oz. Applejack Apple Brandy per glass
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. agave
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture for Rim: 2 Tbsp. turbinado style sugar (larger crystals) + 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon + 1/2 lemon
- To Garnish: Apple Slices
- Make the apple cider mixture ahead: In a small saucepan, heat 2 cups apple cider with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add in agave and stir to dissolve. Allow to simmer on low for 5 minutes. Take off heat, cool, and put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- When ready to serve, cut lemon into 1/4 pieces. Rub lemon around the rim of the glass. Then place into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a shaker, combine the 3 oz. brandy and 4 oz. apple cider mixture, and 3 ice cubes. Shake and pour into a cocktail glass full of ice.
- Garnish with apples and cinnamon stick.