Funfetti is always a good idea. While I am no hater of the box variety, I wanted to make sure I had my own version, which is surprisingly easy, fast, and perfect for any kind of sugar cookie recipe. Add a glaze, ’cause why not. This glaze is a simple, store bought frosting hack that gives you a less sweet and intense topping in just 10 seconds. Happy hosting and Halloween fun.
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, halloween colors or as desired
- Frosting Glaze:
- 1 container of store bought frosting
- 1/2 Tbsp. warm water
- Orange food dye
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- In a stand mixer, combine the sugars, cream cheese, and butter. Mix until well combined and a light yellow color.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
- On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture and mix together until a dough forms.
- Put into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- On a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, make into 2″ balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the frosting and 1/2 Tbsp. water. Microwave for 10 seconds until it is of a soup consistency.