This is a healthy grilled chicken salad that’s made with all cooked ingredients, including the kale. It will turn kale haters into #kalelovas. Great for a luncheon with your ladies or a healthy dinner. Add avocados, bacon, or any of your other favorite salad extras. It’ll only get more tasty.
- 4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. kale, roughly chopped and washed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 garlic cloves, diced into very small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. Add in kale and cook for 5 minutes, until it’s slightly cooked through, but still bright green. Immediately drain into a colander and run cold water over it in order to stop it from cooking further.
- Put the corn (still in the husk) into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the onions and red peppers into small ½- inch pieces. In a medium-sized sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in onions and sweat, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the red peppers and stir, cooking until softened, about 7 minutes. Add in the kale and turn down to low.
- Take the corn out of the oven and, once it’s cooled enough to touch, husk and cut off the cob. Add it into the pan with the kale, then add in the garlic. Stir and allow to cook together for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken, approximately 7 minutes per side.
- Cut hardboiled eggs in half.
- Salt and pepper the salad mixture to taste. Transfer to plates, along with one egg per plate, and then top with the chicken.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar for guests to add on their own.