These easy to make mini frittatas are loaded with your favorite seasonal veggies, baked to cheesy perfection in muffin tins, and stored in the fridge for those busy, no fuss mornings before work, mid day, or on the go. They are easy to reheat or delicious at room temperature, making them one of my go to mom hacks for busy schedules and picky on the go eaters.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or another cheese of your choice)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced into 1/2
- 1 large red pepper, diced into 1/2
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced into 1/2
- 2 cups, fresh spinach, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- To Garnish: shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add in the diced onions and sauté on medium low heat until they are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the peppers and any other veggies at this time (except your leafy greens, those go last). Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all the veggies are softened. Add in your chopped leafy greens and stir to incorporate into all of the other veggies. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cheese, and salt. Once it is completely mixed together, add in the cooled veggies. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop the egg mixture into the greased muffin tins (they should fill up almost to the top).
- Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pan and bake for another 10 minutes. They should be puffed up, crispy, and light brown on top. If you jiggle the pan, they should not move in the center.
- Once finished take out and cool completely. Using a knife, slice around the edges of each muffin. take out carefully and place in an air tight container to save until ready to eat.
- You can eat these at room temperature or lightly heated up in the microwave.