Sometimes you need a recipe that is quick, easy to put together, and looks deliciously gourmet. This tart uses frozen puff pastry and store bought caramel sauce so its minimal work on your end but maximum deliciousness. That is a combination we can get behind.
- 4 medium sized apples, any variety but we prefer local honey crisp
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 jar of caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- cooking spray
- Special Equipment:
- 8 1/2
1. Preheat Oven to 350 F.
2. Peel apples and slice into thin strips. Add to a bowl and mix together with the almond extract, sugars,and cinnamon. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, spray the tart pan. On a floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry dough to about 1/4″ thickness. Making sure that the surfacer area is larger than the tart pan.
4. Carefully, drape dough on top of the tart pan, cutting a large circle around it, allowing for an extra 1″ of dough to hang off.
5. Carefully, pat down the sides of the dough into the pan, making sure to cover completely, up to the top. fill with the apples and then cut off remaining dough.
6. Cook the caramel sauce into the microwave for :10. Drizzle all over the top. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out and drizzle again (reheating the sauce if its become to hard to drizzle). Repeat again at 30 minutes.
7. Once the sides and top have lightly browned, take out, pop out of the tart pan. Drizzle again with the caramel sauce. Serve hot with ice cream, whipped cream, or cool whip.