Roasted veggies, bright spices with all kind of flavor, and rich without any dairy is the best way for a soup to be made. Coconut makes any roasted fall vegetable that much more delightful but opt for a nut milk or another dairy substitute and it will be just as yummy. This is pretty much fall’s way of saying, let’s get cozy.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 pear, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. ground all spice
- To Garnish: chile oil (to add some spice), coconut flakes, or basil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake until cooked through, about 1 hr.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Add more coconut milk or water if it seems too thick. Taste and season with salt if need be.
- Prepare and store in the refrigerate for up to 1 week. Freeze for 1 month.