When strawberry season is here, make this pie. I repeat. When strawberry season is here, make this pie! It will take you less time than blow drying your hair and it’s way more impressive to guests. Fresh strawberries cooked quick just until softened and ready to full a homemade or store bought pie create a bright and beautiful dessert that you can serve cold for all your summer alfresco sugar cravings.
- 1 pie crust, cooked
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup organge juice
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Topping: Fresh whipped cream
- Bake pie crust according to instructions. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine all remaining ingredients: strawberries, water, orange juice, corn starch, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cook on medium low heat, stirring occasionally to make sure it isn’t burning on the bottom of the pan, for 7-10 minutes. Take off heat and put into a bowl to cool.
- Once cooled down, place in the pie crust and put into the freezer for 3 hrs.
- When ready to serve, place in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until it defrosts a bit. Top with your favorite whipped cream topping.