Who doesn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast. When my toddler son refuses to sit and eat a balanced breakfast, these cookies save me. Packed with oats, nuts, and dried fruit, this is my go to breakfast on the go and snack for days when I don’t have a moment to sit down or i can’t catch my little guy long enough to sit for a bite to eat. Not to mention, telling him you’re having cookies for breakfast makes morning negot
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/3 cup raw almonds or nut of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a small food processor, pulse together the oats, dates, nuts, and coconut flakes until they combine into a fine crumble.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed the almond butter, coconut butter, brown sugar, and honey until it is well combined in a light brown color. On low speed, add in the vanilla extract and then each egg.
- Whisk together all of the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly mix these ingredients into the stand mixer. Mix together into a dough like consistency. Add in half of the oats. Mix together. Add in the other half.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 2″ balls. Press down and bake for 10 minutes. Check to make sure they are lightly browned and cooked through. Cook for another 3-5 minutes if they are not.
- Allow to cool. Drizzle with additional honey if you want to sweeten a bit.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.