You guys, this could not be easier. Part tricolore salad, part steakhouse wedge, this puppy’s pretty, and pretty impressive, without requiring much effort on your part. We like to add onions and bleu cheese.
- 3 romaine hearts, halved
- 3 endive heads, halved
- 2 radicchio heads, halved
- 1 red onion, cut in half and then into ½-inch slices
- ¾ cup bleu cheese
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- balsamic vinegar, as desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat. Meanwhile, Cut off the stem at the bottom of the romaine hearts, but leave enough that the hearts are still held together.
- Using a brush, paint olive oil onto all of the lettuce bunches. Season with salt and pepper (as much/little as you like).
- Grill all of the lettuce face down on medium heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Then, flip and grill other side for only a minute or so.
- While grilling the lettuces, grill the sliced onion (we like to do ours in a basket so that the pieces don’t fall in) for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- On each plate, assemble 1 ½ romaine heart, 1 ½ endive head, and 1 ½ radicchio. Squeeze some lemon on top.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle bleu cheese (as much/little as you like).