As warmer months approach, we love to incorporate more fresh fruit into our meals. Strawberry and cucumber are sweet and green, and look pretty rad on a plate together. This light and colorful salad is great all spring and summer long.
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced diagonally
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 bunch of leafy greens, washed and cut to bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fat free Greek Yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. honey mustard or ½ tsp. dijon mustard plus ½. tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a platter, spread out lettuce as the base. Add the strawberries and cucumbers. Then top with nuts.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, drizzle dressing on top.
Note: This salad can be prepped hours before serving. Then compose and dress right before eating.