Roasting fruit with balsamic vinegar makes the sugars comes alive in a totally different way, and creamy ricotta is the perfect base. Easy breezy. You can do it!
- 1 loaf of fresh French bread, cut into ½" slices
- 1 oz. package of ricotta cheese
- 4 ripe stone fruit like apricots (used here), nectarines, peaches, or plums
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Cut bread and spread out onto a baking tray, into one layer.
- Thinly slice fruit (with or without skin on) and mix in a bowl with the ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare a baking sheet: cover with foil, spray with cooking spray, and then spread out the fruit into one layer. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the fruit begins to caramelize and lightly darken. These can be made up to 2 days before serving.
- Bake the bread until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- When you want to serve the toasts, assemble. Spread ricotta cheese on each piece of toast, top with fruit, and drizzle with more balsamic.