These babies are a triple threat. Just mix the ingredients together with your Spanish almonds for a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. Also, you can do this in literally 5 minutes. Like, literally. These are the perfect accoutrement to a simple cheese plate, salad topping, or snack to serve with wine or beer.
- One ½-lb. package of raw Marcona almonds (or if you pick up the salted kind do not add in the below salt and oil)
- ½ tsp. hot paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. olive oil or sesame seed oil
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the paprika, cumin, and brown sugar with a fork, ensuring they are evenly mixed.
2. Add in the almonds and then the salt and oil. Mix together.
3. Serve or put into an airtight container to save for up to 2 weeks.