This is our go to summer entertaining sauce. As it cools down your plate with tangy Greek yogurt, the combination of roasted red pepper, herbs, spices, and citrus perfectly compliment grilled chicken, lamb, or pork.
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, skinned, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno (or 1/2 if you prefer extra spicy)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- parsley, or another green herb, for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil or on very high heat, around 500° F.
- On a sheet tray, lined with aluminum foil, roast the red pepper, for about 6 minutes on both sides. Once it’s charred black all around, place into a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and allow to steam (this helps the skin peel away from the flesh of the pepper), about 15-20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, place red pepper on a cutting board, peel off skin, and roughly chop.
- Place in a food processor with all ingredients. pulse until the red peppers are very small.
- Taste and season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.