Like fancy little ham and cheese sandwiches – prosciutto, avocado, and mozzarella make a creamy, surprising take on a tea sandwich. Also, they couldn’t be easier to make. Perfect for your next luncheon or Sunday brunch.
- 6 slices of potato bread
- 9 thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ball of fresh mozarella
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fat free Greek yogurt
1. In a small bowl, mash avocado, add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and pinch of salt. Mix and set aside (the citrus will help the avocado to stay green.
2. On a cutting board, cut off all the crust on the slices of bread. Set on board.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, Greek yogurt, and salt.
4. Assemble sandwich in this order:
– 1 layer of Bread
– Drizzle of the balsamic vinegar mixture
– 2nd layer of bread
5. Cut into quarters, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until serving.