Fruit, nuts, and crunchy fresh spinach are a combination we can always get excited about when it comes to salads. This simple fall salad is easy to whip up, is appealing to the eyes, and is just interesting enough without re-inventing the salad wheel.
- 1 large Asian Pear (if you can't find Asian, swap out for your favorite variety)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 - 4 oz. package of plain goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas, or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or another dried fruit you prefer
- Champagne-Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. agave or honey
- 2 -3 Tbsp. olive oil (depending on how vinegar-y you like your dressing)
- pinch of salt
1. In a small saute pan, over low, toast your pepitas until they are lightly colored brown and fragrant.
2. On a platter, create your bed of spinach. Cut and place the pears on top, then add on all other ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Add in the agave or honey, continue to whisk. Add in the olive oil, slowly, as you whisk in order to blend all ingredients properly. Season with salt and taste. Adjust by adding more vinegar (for more tart) or more oil (for less tart). We prefer our dressings more vinegar-y because it will help add more flavor to other components of the salad.
4. Serve or reserve and remix right before serving.