This is real no non-sense cooking, Fam. The kebab is one quick and delish way to get a well balanced, full flavored dinner on the table with minimal pots, pans, and prep. While there are just about a million ways to make a kebab, this Italian style are light, citrusy and perfect for summer alfresco dinner dates. Fancy it up with seasonal veggies and some kind of onion for even more flavor and less mess.
- 1 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large lemon, juiced + 1 lemon to serve with kebabs
- 1 Tbsp. high quality mustard
- 2 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs, like rosemary or thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Ideas for Veggies for Kebabs: Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Shallots
- Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 LB. small red or white potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt + pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped (rosemary, thyme, or oregano)
- For Garnish: Fresh parsley and Lemon Wedges
- Prep the chicken by cutting into small cubes. Prep all other veggies you want to include in the kebab. Put together the kebab sticks, alternating meat and veggies as you prefer. Place kebabs in a container or plastic bag where they can lay flat.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients. Pour onto the kebabs, cover, and allow to marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, place the mini potatoes into a pot and cover with warm water. Place over medium heat and allow to come to a simmer. Turn down and allow to cook for 10 minutes until softened when poked with a fork.
- Drain and allow to cool completely.
- When ready to cook kebabs, turn on grill or oven to 500°F.
- Turn down burners on the grill or turn down the oven to 400°F.
- Cook until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in half and place on a covered baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and the garlic powder on top and mix to cover evenly. Bake in the same oven as the chicken for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- Take off the heat and serve with the potatoes and herbs.