Blondies have more fun. Their nutty-caramel taste is perfect with chocolate chunks and other candy add ins. Here we use a standard blondie base with Kit-Kat Bar chunks but feel free to use any of your favorite candy or just plain old chocolate.
- 2 cups Kit Kat Bars, broken into small pieces + additional whole Kit Kat Bars for topping, if desired
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups AP flour or pastry flour
- Special Equipment: 1 - 9 springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Liberally, butter the springform pan on all sides and the bottom.
- Put the butter in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside while you brown the butter. In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter. Once it’s melted, continue cooking the butter, swirling it around the bottom until it begins to brown. Make sure you keep it moving so it doesn’t burn. Once it’s a nice light brown color, take off heat and add into the bowl with the sugar. Using a hand held mixer, beat together for 1 minute.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Then add in the flour.
- Break apart or chop the Kit-Kat bars into small pieces and fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into the springform pan and bake for 15 minutes, take out and put Kit Kat bars onto the top. Put back into the oven and back for another 10 minutes. The batter should be set. Take out and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once it has cooled long enough to handle, pop out the cake and allow it to finish cooling.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. This can be made 3 days ahead, cover and refrigerate until serving.