Melted cheese = heaven. Melted cheese with honey = mind-blowing.
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry sheets (Defrost 1 sheet for this recipe & keep the other in freezer for later use)
- 1 wheel of high quality brie (usually 12 oz.)
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp. water for egg wash
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 mandarin oranges
- Make Ahead: Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare your working space: Place a large piece of plastic wrap on top of a cutting board (large enough to keep the entire sheet of puff pastry on top of the plastic). Place 1 sheet of defrosted puff pastry onto the plastic wrap that is on top of the cutting board.
- Place the brie in the middle of the pastry dough. Top with 1 Tablespoon of honey and flip over and do another Tablespoon of honey on the top. Now, using your hands, fold the dough up onto the middle of brie like a package. Cut off any excess dough if needed.
- Place in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Make Nuts: In a small bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons of honey with the juice from 1 mandarin orange. Whisk together and then add in the almonds. Spread out into a single layer on a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside until ready to serve cheese.
- To Serve: Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Take the cheese out of the refrigerator and transfer onto a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper or foil.
- Prepare the egg wash by beating together the egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush egg wash all over the brie (this will make sure it comes out with a nice, browned finish).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes so the cheese can set itself slightly and cool down (you don’t want to burn your guests!).
- Place onto a serving tray, sprinkle with honey baked nuts and drizzle with additional honey.
- Serve with Mandarin orange slices, crackers or sliced bread.