Holiday mornings made special with these decadent apple muffins stuffed with caramel sauce. I love how simple and fast these babies come together and are the perfect little bite for your brunch spread. The kids love them and the adults love to sneak a second and third and fourth. Happy Holidays!
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (dairy free version: 1 cup Almond Milk)
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter (dairy free version: 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted)
- 1 large egg, beaton
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced into very small pieces
- Caramel Sauce, preferably in a squeeze bottle
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease the mini muffin trays (you’ll need 3 dozen)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Peel and dice apple into as small of pieces as you can.
- Using a spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Once incorporated, fold in the apples.
- Using a mini ice scream scoop, fill the mini muffins almost 3/4 of the way up.
- Dot each of the muffins with caramel sauce. Top each muffin with a little more muffin mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bubbling and slightly browned on top.
- Take out of the muffin tins and cool.
- Serve or refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with caramel sauce.