Our Hoisin Chili Sauce takes a traditional hoisin base and amps up the heat, making it perfect for grilled fish and meats or on top of veggies. Add it to your favorite stir fry. Use it as a dipping sauce with dumplings, or on top of a burger. Bathe in it for all we care! You’re gonna like it is our point.
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- ½ cup soy sauce, we prefer low sodium
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 ½ Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chili paste (found in your grocer's Asian section, we prefer the Korean chili paste)
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil or sesame oil
- In a small saucepan, on low heat, add in a small amount of olive oil. Add garlic and ginger. Stir until lightly browned, 30 seconds.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except the 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sesame oil.
- Whisk ingredients until the mixture is a cohesive light brown color. Allow it to simmer on low heat until it thickens, approximately 5 minutes, whisking every so often.
- Take off heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse until fully smooth and you do not see any bits of ginger and garlic. Taste and if it is too spicy, add in olive oil and pulse to combine. Taste and adjust with seasoning if desired.
- This versatile sauce can be served at room temperature on top of fish, meats, or veggies. Sauté veggies with it or use as a glaze on the grill or when roasting meats.