These chicken meatballs are simple with just a couple of key ingredients, the focus being harissa, our failsafe Mediterranean pepper obsession that should always be in your pantry. What else? They’re make ahead! You’re welcome.
- 1 lb. ground chicken meat
- 3 Tbsp. Harissa (this sweet roasted pepper sauce is sold in your grocer's condiment section)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- To Garnish:
- chives, chopped
- crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients (except garnishes).
- Mix with hands and then form meatballs. If serving for main dish, form 2 ½ to 3-inch meatballs. For appetizers, form ½-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs into a glass baking dish, touching each other. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- If making for a main dish, serve with our Harissa Noodles, topped with chives and goat cheese. If serving for appetizers, top with goat cheese and chives and serve with toothpicks.