Don’t do take out. Do Take In. This is Chinese food made nice with healthy, fresh veggies, high Asian ingredients (like organic, fermented rice vinegar), and lean pork loin. Make this seasonal by swapping out the asparagus for any kind of your favorite greens and other add ins. Mix up the meat with boneless, skinless, chicken breasts a lean cut of steak, or go meatless. Wok cooking is the easiest way to fast, healthy meals with minimal time at the stove.
- 1 lb. high quality pork loin, thinly sliced by your butcher
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. red chile paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Veggie Stir Fry:
- 1 bunch of skinny asparagus or a green of your choice
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced into 1/4
- 1 large slice of fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Veggie Noodles of Your Choice. I love squash or sweet potato
- To Garnish: Scallions or Green Onions
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the pork ingredients. Add in the pork and allow to marinate for 45 min. to 2 hrs.
- Meanwhile, prepare veggies by cutting into bite size pieces. Separate and reserve on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger. Reserve for finishing the veggies in the wok.
- Prepare the wok: put over high heat for 3 minutes. It should begin smoking. Add in a dash of oil and using a paper towel, rub around the entire wok. Allow to cook on high heat for 3 more minutes. It should be smoking. Wipe out completely with another paper towel, taking off any brown bites.
- Turn heat on and medium/high. Once very hot, add in 1 Tbsp. oil. Add in the veggie noodles and stir with a wooden spoon the entire time they are cooking, for approximately 3-4 minutes. Take out and set aside.
- Put another 1 tsp. oil into the wok, add in the leeks or other onions. Stir with wooden spoon as they cook, about 2 minutes. Add in the peppers and other non green veggies, stirring the entire time. After 3 minutes, add in the greens. Stir and cook until they turn bright green, aprox. 3-4 minutes. Add in the sauce mixture and stir to coat all veggies. Take out of the wok.
- Wipe wok with a clean cloth.
- Add in 1 Tbsp. oil. Add in the pork, without the excess marinade. Cook stirring consistency with a wooden spoon or chop sticks, allowing it to cook evenly. After about 4 minutes, add in the remaining marinade. Allow to cook down, stirring periodically for 3 more minutes. Take off heat and place in a bowl. Spoon out the pork and place on a cutting board if you want to chop into strips.
- Serve in bowls with the noodles on the bottom, topped with pork and the veggies. Garnish with sliced scallions.