This summertime side is a colorful take on roasted carrots, charred to perfection on the grill, along with a purple punch of onions. Charred and crispy, sweet and crunchy, the grill transforms the veggies into a go to entertaining side or mid week lunch or dinner on the grill.
- 2 large bunches of carrots, cleaned and stems removed
- olive oil and salt
- 1 large sweet onion, purple onion, or 3 shallots
- Sweet Cumin Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt, full fat
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- pinch of salt
- Hot Red Pepper, Diced
- Fresh Cilantro, Parsley, or Mint or a combination of all three
- Heat your grill to 450°F.
- Turn off the direct heat on one side of the grill.
- Clean and prep the carrots. You can peel them if you’d prefer but its not necessary if they are cleaned well.
- Cut the onion or shallots into large quarters. Place both into a bowl and mix with a large pinch of salt and 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add onto the grill (in a grill pan or horizontal without the grill pan) where there is no direct flame. Grill should remain at around 450°F. Grill for 25 minutes until nicely charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the yogurt ingredients. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- On the serving dish, spread yogurt sauce on center of the dish. Place carrots on top and garnish with additional items.