Bright and bursting with crunchy deliciousness, these Fruity Pebble Coated French Toast Bites make any holiday or birthday brunch better. I don’t usually have such sugary cereals in the house but when its time to ring in spring, these colorful, crunchy and sweet breakfast bites are a special treat for big and little tummies. They are also one of the easiest ways to get the kids into the breakfast baking with minimal mess.
- 2 cups of cubed thick high quality bread, like Challah, that is at least a day or 2 old
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. maple syrup + more for drizzling or dipping
- 1 cup crushed Fruit Pebbles Cereal + more for dusting and decorating dish when serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, 2 tsp. of maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- In a smaller bowl, pour 1 cup of fruity pebbles and slightly crush up with your fingers.
- Cut the bread into large chunks. Dunk into the egg mixture and then coat with the fruity pebbles.
- Place onto the baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the bread is crunchy but hasn’t browned too much.
- Serve with more maple syrup.