These gooey dream bars are kind of like a brownie that has bathed in Dulce de Leche sauce. I prefer all my desserts be topped with caramel, and by baking condensed milk on top of the blondie batter, you form a rich layer of caramelized goodness that make these dessert bars DREAM-Y. Enjoy with any kind of candy, no matter the time of year, but especially during Easter (because why wouldn’t you take advantage of pastel colored chocolates).
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups AP flower
- 1 cup chocolate Easter M&M's
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat the inside of a medium sized glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter by combining with both sugars an, beating on medium speed until pale yellow.
- Once a nice light yellow color, turn to low speed and add in each egg, one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the baking powder and salt.
- Add in the 3 cups of flour, individually, allowing each cup to mix in before adding the next one. Once it has formed a thick brownie batter, turn off mixer.
- Place the M&M’s in a large plastic bag and break up by pounding with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Add half into the batter and mix to incorporate.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the batter. Pour the remaining batter into the baking dish, spread out into an even layer.
- Top the batter with the can of condensed milk. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter on top of the condensed milk. Top with the rest of the broken M&M’s.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the batter has set and the top is browned.
- Allow to cool. Cut and serve.